Wednesday 17 April 2013

NaPoWriMo Challenge (Day 16 & 17)

Challenge to write a poem every day for the month of April NaPoWriMo


April 16th (Day 16)

The Slag

You sold out your friend to save your own skin
Your name is now soiled to you and your kin
You betrayed the trust; you sold out your soul
Your scheme was successful; you scored your sick goal
No one respects you, even your pals the police
Your life now is running, you’ll never sleep in peace
I watched you in court lying to my face
Now I’m in prison, preparing my case
How could you do it?  You coward, you rat
You’re an insect that’s all a bloodthirsty gnat
This is my reward for being your mate
But I’d rather be in prison than have your fate.

One day, one day
What comes around?
Goes around!

Joseph Henry Gaines

April 17th (Day 17)

I must subdue my appetite for vengeance, it will falter my judgment, it will burn me inside and give birth to mistakes, I can no longer act with my own interests, I am the Zararhakzar and I must bear the burden of everyone’s vengeance.



From
The Diaries & Poetry of Lord Talon

No comments:

Post a Comment