Wednesday 20 June 2012

Great review posted for my book The Krays Not Guilty


This review is from: The Krays Not Guilty Your Honour (Series 1) (Kindle Edition)
A friend of mine recommended this book to me, and I'm so glad he did. As I've not read a book that has kept me on such a knife edge for a long time.
I've never heard of the Author before, but apparently he is one of only a hand full of people who actually knew The Krays personally & this comes across in his very inventive writing. The story structure is well balanced, as it flows from situation to situation, without leaving you guessing. More like it kept me salivating for what was going to happen next.
The author builds up the tension & then BANG, it all kicks off, not just the once, but many times!
The way conversations are written in this book made me feel as if I were there in the room. It goes into graphic, bloody & bone crunching detail of what The Krays were like, dealing with "Business on their Manor".
A very harrowing and scary tale, not for the faint hearted. It also gives insight into how big the Krays empire could have grown, bent coppers trying desperately trying to fit people up, sarcastic humor & everything else involved in the sinister world of the underworld.
It may not be to everyone's taste, but I loved it & can't wait for the next book.
Better still, if the original film about The Krays is anything to go by, this would make an even better movie

No comments:

Post a Comment